Is Flood insurance included in my homeowner’s insurance?

Flood insurance policiesNo. You need a separate policy that only covers damage due to flooding.

The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is a government program established to help property owners, renters and businesses obtain flood insurance.

Flood insurance policies may appear to be written through a private insurance company, but the private insurance company is doing so in partnership with the NFIP.

The policy flood insurance rates are set at the national level and coverage amounts are capped.