What does a Closing Agent do?

photo of pen with signature lineA real estate Closing Agent is usually an attorney or someone who works for a real estate Title Company.

This is a third party (not the Realtor© or Real Estate Broker) who oversees processing the final paperwork related to the sale, such as, the deed transfer, mortgage payoff, etc.

Sometimes this person or company is referred to as the Settlement Agent. Buyers and Sellers can also be represented by their own attorneys in the closing process.

© AskConny.com