Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Question button

Jupiter Inlet

Flood insurance covers damage to your home, commercial real estate and personal or business property caused by natural flooding.

Flood insurance premium rates are subsidized by the federal government.

Most mortgage companies require flood insurance if you are in an area likely to flood.

But floods can happen anywhere, so think carefully when deciding whether or not you are at risk.

Most homeowners and business PC & L policies do not cover flood damage. Check with your insurance agent or broker to fully understand your flood insurance coverage.


Flood insurance policiesNo. You will have to obtain a separate insurance policy that covers only flood risk.

Flood insurance policies are issued through private insurance companies in partnership with the National Flood Insurance Program.


Flood insurance policiesNo. You need a separate policy that only covers damage due to flooding.

The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is a government program established to help property owners, renters and businesses obtain flood insurance.

Flood insurance policies may appear to be written through a private insurance company, but the private insurance company is doing so in partnership with the NFIP.

The policy flood insurance rates are set at the national level and coverage amounts are capped.