How Do I Get an Employer ID Number (EIN)?

Q & A with magnifyerYou can either go to the IRS website and file the form or hire an outside service to do it for you. The EIN (also referred to as an FEIN) is used to identify your company for all tax purposes, including income tax and payroll tax.

You may also need state identifying numbers, but the EIN is the place to start.